We are currently seeking a Survey Technician / Design Technician for our Austin, TX office. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in working with a dynamic team on a wide range of projects. You will be working side-by-side with a Registered Professional Land Surveyor, team of knowledgeable surveying staff, engineers, and professionals in an environment that fosters collaboration and career development. If you are looking to work with a company that will provide mentorship, technical guidance, and comradery, keep reading to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
Join our team! Our mission is BUILDING COMMUNITIES. IMPROVING LIVES. For over 100 years, HR Green has done exactly that, serving as a trusted partner to our Colleagues, our clients, and our communities. Each day, we work to find solutions that inspire our employees and fit our clients’ needs to build trust to exceed our clients’ expectations. We’re proud to be ranked No.162 on Engineering News-Record’s Top 500 Design Firms list in 2022, jumping up the list by 26 positions from 2021’s ranking. In 2021, we have also been awarded as a Best Place to Work!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes detailed drawings from plats, sketches, plans, specifications and written/verbal instructions using computer-aided drafting
- Revises or changes drawings and completes standard calculations with specific instructions and
- Plots maps and plats showing subdivision lots, right of way, easements, boundary and topographic surveys, LiDAR and UAS data.
- Develops detailed legal descriptions and sketches from land survey documents.
- Participates, as needed, in survey meetings with surveying and client staff to fully understand expected project outcomes.
- May accompany survey crew or field technicians as needed in order to locate grading markers, collect data required for revision of survey drawings.
- Works under the guidance of more experienced survey / design technicians and/or surveyors to complete assigned work within budgeted
- Works with company developed CADD standards in order to establish projects in a manner which increases the ability of other technicians or location personnel to assist with project
- Review all work for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting to Project Manager or surveying staff for
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school plus one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess an intermediate skills in specific software such as AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microstation applications is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Not only does HR Green provide you with a place to grow, thrive, and enjoy your work, but we are also dedicated to delivering a comprehensive and multi-faceted benefits package. Visit our website for detailed total rewards information.
HR Green is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.