Dashiell is a leading national provider of technical services to the electric utility, power generation, industrial, renewable and energy industries. These services include planning and systems studies, design and engineering, maintenance and testing, program management, construction, and turnkey EPC projects. Built on 50 years of experience handling large scale complex projects; Dashiell is unique in that we are a turnkey Engineering, Construction, and Testing company that specializes in medium and high voltage electrical infrastructure. More information about Dashiell can be found at www.dashiell.com.
The Drafter position is based out of our Austin office located at 11501 Burnett Road, Austin Texas 78758.
The Drafter I will perform drafting duties using basic drafting skills and techniques for high voltage substations or transmission line drawings. Assignments will be closely supervised and are designed to develop the employee’s understanding of drafting techniques, corporate standards and procedures. Drafters will either be dedicated to Electrical or Civil design projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Employee may be called upon to perform any or all of the following functions:
- Revise drawings per markups
- Perform engineering support tasks under close supervision
- Learn and apply the corporate standard of drafting and engineering practices
- Learn and properly use the document management system
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of his/her work
- Bring potential project-related problems and possible solutions to the attention of the responsible party
- Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by projects and assignments
- Other duties as required
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
Associates degree in drafting & design is required. A certificate in drafting & design with relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of an Associates degree. Experience with AutoCAD 2010 or newer is required. Experience with Microstation is a plus.
Possess skills in the following areas:
- Drafting, including scales, drawing layout, lettering, and a high degree of accuracy in copying
- High school level mathematics
- Experience with MS Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Working in a team environment
- Communicating effectively with co-workers
Dashiell provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. The Company provides life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long term disability insurance and an employee assistance plan at no cost to the employee. Benefit offerings also include a choice of traditional PPO or one of two HDHPs, with corresponding FSA or HSA, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, short-term disability insurance, critical illness insurance, group accident insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, a 401K with immediate vesting,and more.
JOB SALARY: TBD