Steger Bizzell seeks a designer who wants to be participant in the future of engineering and not simply a “line drawer”. We are looking for that person who wants to be part of the solution to making the world a better place.
Only minutes north of Austin, Steger Bizzell has for almost a half century, been the leader in the Central Texas consulting, engineering, and surveying community. We offer a family friendly, low-stress work environment without all the traffic headaches associated with the Austin area. Georgetown has been designated “The Most Beautiful Town Square in Texas” and is one of the top 10 fastest growing cities in the country.
We seek an energetic person who is eager to gain experience in and lend his/her expertise to our dynamic company. Candidate must have strong communication skills, be self-motivated, be willing to work with and advise project managers of potential design issues. Candidate must have excellent time management skills and should have a working understanding of how to interact with the latest data collection and equipment. Should be familiar with working in state plane coordinates (grid and surface), be proficient in plan and profile, site plan, contour generation, subdivision layout, water/waste water design, water modeling, etc.
- 0-3 years experience in CADD drafting or graduate/pending graduate of accredited university or technical college.
- Operate in Civil 3D platform (MicroStation experience a plus).
- Able to identify potential conflicts, issues or other problems and develop solutions/recommendations to present to Project Manager.
- Perform preliminary engineering calculations and develop preliminary designs
- Revise drawings and complete simple calculations.
- Work collaboratively with Project Engineers and Project Managers to assist in planning, design, CAD drafting and preparation of construction plans, bid documents, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates in connection with a variety of civil engineering projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients, and public agencies.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Naturally curious, willing to learn and grow intellectually and always seeking the latest in technology and software.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and a comprehensive benefit package that includes health/dental/life insurance, matching 401(k), and paid time off.
JOB SALARY: Competitive