Southwest Engineers Inc., has been in Gonzales and Buda, Texas for over 44 years providing civil engineering services to private and public clients. Our expertise in permitting, land development and water infrastructure design has kept the phones ringing and has us seeking a CAD Technician with at least 3 years of experience.
For decades we have been proud to maintain an environment where team members are empowered in building successful and fulfilling careers. Fortunately we have safely maneuvered the pandemic and continue to provide our team and clients with quality support. Upon reading this job description, please submit your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any questions you have. You may also schedule a zoom call to get an introduction to the company through that email address.
About the job:
The right person for the job is capable of efficient time management and possesses a problem solving attitude. Excellent verbal/ written communication skills, experience with Civil3D, AutoCAD, and knowledge of City of Austin and Hays County GIS websites is required. A successful CAD Technician will exercise sound decision making, take initiative and exercise taking responsibility of projects.
*Previous experience in civil drafting; land development REQUIRED*
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D, required
- AAS in Computer Drafting and Design preferred
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Prepare detailed drawings for site development, drainage, grading, permitting, water distribution and sanitary sewer collection systems
- Review and modify designs to reduce production deficiencies
- Provide timely updates for drawing completion and workloads
- Coordinate and communicate efficiently with engineering teams
- Assist engineers with field investigations, reports and construction site visits
- Maintain accurate files and organization of all contracts
Upon reading this job description, please submit your resume/CV to email@example.com along with any questions you have.
*Salary, benefits, and all company information will be discussed upon a scheduled interview.
“All persons shall enjoy the benefits of decisions which are free of discrimination or harassment on the grounds of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, gender, age, protected veteran status (defined under Vietnam Era Veteran’s Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974), sexual orientation, or status as an individual with a disability (defined under Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973).”