Doucet is seeking a collaborative and motivated CAD Technician to complement our Land Development team. In this role you will 1) support engineers to design of subdivisions, commercial development, multi-family developments or public works projects, and 2) prepare designs or layouts, with supervisory assistance being routinely furnished at regular intervals. Project plans, designs and specifications are reviewed by professional engineers for application of sound judgment. Work is checked in progress and upon completion.
You are a great fit if:
· You are a high school graduate or equivalent with two years of engineering or technical vocational training
· You have demonstrated knowledge of civil engineering design
· You have AutoCAD drafting experience
· You are proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D software
Duties & Functions:
· CAD Organization
o Assists with standards management by updating templates and styles
o CAD file management
· Software Knowledge
o Knowledgeable in alternative software such as AGI32 ( Lighting Design) and Site Ops (Conceptual Site Evaluation Software)
· Engineering Design
o Assists in the plan production process by creating significant portions of project plans for street, site, drainage, grading, water, sewer, utility, street lights, etc.
o Civil 3D execution, efficiency, & design
o Implementing zoning requirements
· Supports Quality Control
o Revises plans after receiving plan check comments from Engineers or Junior/Senior Level Civil Technicians
· Supports Doucet Clients
o Meets utilization (billable hours) targets assigned by company by providing support for ongoing client projects.
· Engineering Analyses
o Assist in the preparation of calculations for impervious cover, hydrology and hydraulics, water quality detention, storm water management, water supply and waste water flow.
· Project Management Support
o Advises supervisor of significant problems or potential problem areas
· Supports Team Environment at Doucet
o Performs other duties and assignments as required and works cooperatively with other employees and supervisors to achieve Doucet’s goals
You’ll love our company if:
- You want to be part of a fast-growing, engaged company that is in business to “Create the Difference in the Lives of its Employees, Clients, and Communities”.
- You want a company that provides a clear path for advancement and understands the need for balance between your work and home life.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, prescription, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, generous paid time off and holiday pay.
- Doucet has a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and numerous additional benefits.
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Doucet is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time